From Flab To Fab
Jumpstart your weight loss in time for summer!
April 14 - 25, 2013 Save the Date!
We are constantly inundated by mixed messages about what works and what doesn't, and as individuals, we all have unique needs.
Join dietitian Dan Fenyvesi and private fitness trainer Ari Weller for a week (or two) of inspiring and personally tailored support in achieving your weight loss, fitness, and overall health goals.
As spring blooms in the Berkshires, you too will feel renewed! You'll enjoy a mix of simple, nourishing farm to table meals prepared by hand in our glatt kosher kitchen, joyful physical activities, and intellectually stimulating workshops—all focused on long-term results and designed to help you make a plan for your own healthy life.
In order to personalize your experience, space is limited to 30 people. Sign up early to guarantee your enrollment!
Dan Fenyvesi is a registered dietitian and ACE certified personal trainer. He has over 15 years of experience in the nutrition field and has a Master's Degree in Nutrition from Bastyr University. Dan has worked as a weight loss specialist for Wellspring Camp in La Jolla, Ca, Rancho La Puerta in Tecate, Mexico, and La Clinica De La Raza in Oakland, CA. In addition to weight loss work, he also teaches college health and nutrition courses and enjoys volunteering with Natural Doctors International in Nicaragua. Fenyvesi's passion is in working with patients to craft solutions that match each individual's unique lifestyles and needs. www.foodsobriety.net
Ari Weller is the creator of Integrative Movement, a complete training philosophy in physical fitness and mindful awareness. Ari's focus is to improve core strength, flexibility, and proper alignment. He integrates functional and corrective modalities such as Pilates, Gyrotonic, Ki-Hara Stretch, and an infinite amount of traditional exercises that increase function and aesthetic. With over 15 years in the fitness industry, Ari has developed an impressive list of high profile clients as a private fitness trainer, and his work has been featured in The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, Self Magazine, and W Magazine. New York Magazine touted him as one of the top five trainers in NYC. Ari is the former Associate Director of Isabella Freedman and co-creator of Embodied Judaism.
- Homemade and healthy glatt kosher meals in our Adamah farm-to-table dining room under the Hashgacha of the Hartford Kashrut Commission
- Food Sobriety—a time-tested, scientifically-sound mind-body discipline that will retrain your taste buds to crave the food your body needs to permanently drop weight and boost vitality
- Greater understanding of the safest and most effective techniques to aid weight loss
- Personalized weekly workout schedule with a safe and efficient fitness routine for you to take home
- Effective indoor and outdoor exercise techniques such as interval-based cardiovascular and functional strength training, plus core work from Pilates, Gyrotonic and flexibility instruction in Yoga and Resistance Stretching
- Adamah food demonstrations including herb planting and harvesting, and workshops on home gardening
- Outdoor activities on our 400-acre facility, including hiking, canoeing, biking, and planting on the farm
- Shabbat activities to include leibidik davening, open discussion groups, and food art demonstrations
A typical day will include:
- Morning movement
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Fitness and nutrition classes
- Open discussion groups on topics such as mindless/mindful eating, recognizing when you are hungry, what it means to "fill the void," and attitudes towards eating
- Workshops on goal setting and sustaining the changes, stress management techniques, and ways to establish communities and support back home
- Classes with Adamah on topics such as how to grow herbs and how to make your own pickles
- Evening lectures and entertainment
This is not a boot camp: there won't be any drill sergeants screaming for push-ups or mess-hall porridge. There is no judgment. Come as you are and receive the sincere support of experienced health professionals who are dedicated to the sole mission of bringing you within reach of your own health goals.
All-inclusive prices include double lodging in one of our rustic cottages, plus all meals, activities, and entertainment.
One Week (April 22 - 29): $240/day*
Two Weeks (April 22 - May 4): $200/day*
*Compare to over $400/day for similar programs
Click the purple button to register online. To register by phone, please call (800) 398-2630 ext 4.
Early registration bonus! The first eight people to sign up will receive a free follow-up (after the retreat) one-hour nutritional consultation with Dan Fenyvesi M.S., R.D.
We strive to make our programs affordable to everyone. We provide limited scholarship funding of up to 30% of room and board fees for those in extreme financial need. This financial support is only available for dormitory rooms with hall baths and economy rooms for couples and families. If you would like to request financial support, please complete the Application for Room and Board Support. In your request, please consider that we have a limited pool of resources. We are committed to helping you in any we can, and we ask you to help us help others by limiting your request to your genuine need. All requests must be received at least three weeks prior to the retreat.
Cancellation Deadline for a full refund is March 22, 2012. Partial refunds for cancellations will be given after March 22, 2012 as follows:
- March 23-March 30 cancellation: 50% refund of fees paid
- March 31-April 14 cancellation: 25 % credit towards another program
- There will be no refunds given for cancellations after April 15, 2012, for late arrivals, or for early departures
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment
Inclement Weather: Isabella Freedman reserves the right to cancel a retreat due to inclement weather if, in its judgment, it will be unable to operate safely. In the event of such a cancellation, a full refund will be made to all registrants. In the event that the retreat proceeds as scheduled, no refund or credit will be available.
Shuttle and Transportation Fees: A full transportation refund is available if you cancel a transportation reservation at least 3 days (72 hours) in advance. No refund is available if less than 3 days notice is given.
Travel Insurance: We recommend you contact your travel agent to purchase travel insurance in the event that you need to cancel or change your travel plans.
Exceptions: Exceptions to these policies may be available in the event of severe weather emergencies or the death of a close family member. To request a non-transferable credit for one of these reasons, please submit a written request to email@example.com no more than three days after the start of the event.