Elat Chayyim Center for Jewish Spirituality
Renewing Jewish spirituality in the 21st century
Elat Chayyim cultivates and innovates Jewish spiritual practices that form the foundation for a sustainable Jewish community in the 21st century. We offer experiential approaches to Judaism through prayer, yoga, meditation, social action, text study, relationships, holiday celebrations, and more.
“This place opened my mind to what healthy, vibrant, connected, spiritual Jewish community can look like. It made me hopeful about my own life, spiritually and otherwise.” – Elat Chayyim retreat participant
- Raises up Jewish spiritual retreats as an essential building block towards a vibrant and engaged community
- Engages body, heart, mind, and soul through transformative learning and communal experiences
- Functions as a research and development branch of the Jewish community, prioritizing creativity and innovation in the realm of Jewish thought and practice
- Collaborates with creative Jewish leadership to produce unique transformative retreat experiences
- Builds partnerships to create new synergies and constellations of otherwise divergent streams of Jewish community
- Allows meaningful spiritual innovations to become tradition, while traditional practices become more relevant and meaningful to those unfamiliar or disengaged
- Is committed to "Allstream" Judaism - creating an inclusive, pluralistic, post-denominational space in the context of a variety of unique retreats, each with its own particular flavor of Jewish practice
Click an image below for more information about Elat Chayyim programs.