Lacto-Fermented Foods | Goat Cheese & Yogurt | Jams & Jellies | Herbal Delights
Where to Purchase | Vegetable CSA | Dairy CSA | Sign up for Announcements
Our line of local, kosher, healthy and sustainable products helps to support our educational programming and mission, and helps you find alternatives to industrial foods by bringing a taste of Adamah right into your kitchen.
We abide by the Northeast Organic Farming Association Farmer’s Pledge and are currently transitioning to organic certification. All our products are certified kosher by the Hartford Kashrut Commission. All products are parve except for the dairy products, which are, delightfully, dairy.
ADAMAH is bringing back good old-fashioned pickles, just like Bubbe used to make. Our pickled products are hand-crafted using the traditional art of lacto-fermentation, creating a live-culture delicacy that is good for you as well as for our planet.
The probiotic cultures, antioxidants and enzymes in our products support digestion, nutrient absorption and strengthen your immune system. And they are delicious!
Our high quality lacto-fermented products include:
- ADAMAH Dills – Old-fashioned, barrel-fermented dill pickles
- ADAMAH Half-Sours – Dill pickles pulled from the barrel after just 2 days, at their crunchiest
- Dilly Beans – Lacto-fermented green beans with garlic and hot peppers
- Sauerkraut – Barrel-fermented cabbage, aged 2–;3 months
- Firekraut – Red cabbage and jalepeno sauerkraut with a kick!
- Kim Chi – Our version of the Korean dish, made with pickled daikon, cabbage, carrots, garlic and ginger
- Beets – Vinegar-pickled and sweetly spiced
Goat Cheese & Yogurt
Happy goats make delicious cheese. Our goats roam the forests of Northwest Connecticut foraging for the tastiest morsels. In addition to munching on native flora, they receive a fine blend of organic grains, high quality alfalfa hay and frequent fresh fruit treats from their friends. This varied diet is ideal for the goats’ health and happiness, which we’re certain you’ll taste in our cheese.
In our small herd of 12 milking goats, each doe is given the individual attention she needs. From the time the baby goats are born until the cheese is ready for your enjoyment, each step is lovingly done by hand.
Our line of Dairy Products currently includes:
- Falls Village Feta – Subtly salted to make space for the fresh clean flavors of Falls Village flora to unfold on your palette.
- Holy Chevre – Chevre, French for “goat,” is the common name for fresh, soft, and easily spreadable goat cheese. In Hebrew, chevre means “friends." Sharing our Holy Chevre with your friends is an ideal way to enjoy this gently tart and rich cheese.
- Goatgurt – We blend our high quality goat milk with living cultures to create a nutritious and tasty old-fashioned yogurt. Beneficial bacteria, such as acidophilus and bifidus abound in our yogurt providing you with numerous health benefits.
Jams & Jellies
We make jams and jellies with organic ingredients from our farm and neighboring organic fruit farms. Enjoy a little taste of summer’s sweetness all through the year.
- Blueberry Jam
- Raspberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Bomb Jelly – Spicy jelly made with Cherry Bomb peppers
- Seasonal Specialties – Last year we featured Rhubarb Lavender, Apple Sage, Strawberry Rosemary and Blueberry Ginger
We’re turning more attention to our herbs these days, crafting medicinal and delicious products that can be enjoyed year-round without refrigeration.
- Salvation – We infuse organic olive oil with medicinal herbs we harvest from our gardens, including plantain, comfrey nettles and lemon balm. Then we add coconut oil and essential oils to create a healing and soothing balm for dry skin, bites, stings and minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Our customers rave about this product!
Where to Purchase
Gift Shop – All our products are available for sale at the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center Gift Shop. If you would like to place an order in advance of your arrival, please email us. Discounts are available for orders of 12 jars or more.
Dairy Shares – Sign up for a Dairy Share for the 2012 season.
Monthly Markets: We will be selling our products at the Hazon CSA of White Plains Tuv Ha’Aretz Market Days (at Temple Israel Center, 280 Old Mamaroneck Road) from 4-7pm on the following Wednesdays: June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10 and November 7, as well at the Mandell JCC of West Hartford on June 28, July 26, August 30, September 27, October 25 and November 15.
Sales Event Announcement List – Email us to receive information on where we will next be selling our products.
Local Markets – Our products are available seasonally at the following locations in New York and Connecticut:
We’re proud to be part of the Community-Supported Agriculture movement, bringing you the best of our fresh organic produce every week from June to November! Click here for more information about our Vegetable CSA and to sign up for a share.
We’re also offering shares of our dairy products at six locations in 2012. Click here for more information about our Dairy CSA and to sign up for a share.